The Career Services staff connects with the first-year class every Autumn Term to introduce our office and our resources. When students begin their career exploration early, it allows us to offer guidance through their entire professional development and provide personalized support forever, even after graduation.
What we do in Career Services
We believe that with guidance and dedication, all students can find meaningful careers. Our job is to provide students with the skills and resources they need to become competitive applicants and confident professionals, and we do this through one-on-one appointments, small group workshops, 校友 mentoring, and many other unique programs.
- Our Career Advisors are experts at providing guidance on everything from resumes and cover letters to interviews and graduate school applications.
- Our Employer Relations & Internships Coordinator is dedicated to fostering relationships with top employers, locating jobs and internships of interest to Eckerd students, and overseeing the Career Mentors and Career Contacts programs.
- 我们管理 TritonTrack, Eckerd’s online jobs database for students and 校友—and we curate 100 full-time, 兼职, and internship positions every week.
- There’s no limit to the number of appointments a student can make. Our doors are open to 校友 for life, meaning Eckerd graduates can utilize our services until they retire.
- Advise each student as an individual, honoring the uniqueness of their dreams and aspirations
- Identify and engage students who do not actively seek out career advising
- Help students discover their career potential through self-reflection and direct experience such as Eckerd’s Student Employment Program, job shadowing, informational interviews, and internships
- We maintain a collaborative and welcoming environment in which all students are recognized and championed